As a co-operative daycare, we encourage parents to be actively involved in the daycare. You can volunteer your time in the centre, donate materials and art supplies, or sit on the board of directors. All board meetings are open to parents and staff for attendance.
CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
Kew Beach Daycare (KBDC) is seeking dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic parents to join its Board of Directors.
We are looking for members with a range of experience, qualities, and talents in order to ensure a balanced and diverse team. The following characteristics are valuable to a healthy board:
- Ability to work in a team
- Conflict management abilities
- Relationship-building skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Intuition and sensitivity • Listening skills
- Self-reflectiveness • Emotional and social competences
- Enthusiasm for the organisation, its philosophy and employees
- An appreciative and constructive approach
- Community-building attitude
Serving on the board is a challenging and rewarding way to support your childcare.
- Putting the well-being of the daycare as a whole first and foremost;
- Attend monthly board meetings, and the annual general meeting
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports or other relevant documents
- Ensuring effective leadership of the organization
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mandate and programs
- Discuss and vote on important issues pertaining to the governance of the organization, including strategic focus in the form of short and long-term goals
- Implement policies and procedures in line with the current strategic plan, help run committees, and advise and assist KBDC staff when needed
- Lend experience and expertise by actively participating in meetings and at least one committee as needed
- Ensure the organization is meeting all its legal and financial responsibilities
- Inform the executive of any potential conflicts of interest and maintain confidentiality
Please note that serving on the board is a volunteer commitment. Board terms are one year and the time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per month.
If you are interested in applying to be part of our Board of Directors please forward a brief summary of your skills and your past experience, your reasons for applying, the classes your children are in (if applicable), how you feel you can add to the Board in any way, a completed nomination form (below) and anything else you deem relevant. Subject line “KBDC BOARD APPLICATION.”
Please contact us to inquire about current opportunities for involvement.